For body workers of all styles and levels, Nini helps you clarify alignment, body mechanics, and diagnostic techniques.
Nini teaches three levels of shiatsu apprenticeships: beginner, intermediate and advanced. Embodying Eastern healing concepts, you can apply them to your daily path of healing and your hands on practice.
- Feeling the meridians and how they move the five elements through the landscape of your body, mind and spirit.
- Understanding Oneness and the balance and integration of Yin/yang
- Using the five elemental phases as a universal language and diagnostic perspective.
- Feeling and treating pressure points and using them as a diagnostic tool
- Being in alignment with earth and sky, Hara and Heart to improve your quality of touch. By moving from your center, you will deepen your contact with the flow of life force.
- Perceiving/sensing kyo and jitsu (overabundant and depleted) energy and encourage harmony and balance.
Nini also does private lessons with students and practitioners of shiatsu or other healing modalities, to assist you with your alignment, body mechanics, and diagnostic techniques.
Nini has been a teacher and practitioner of Eastern Healing Arts, including shiatsu, for close to four decades.
“Nini translates theoretical concepts into energetic experiences”
– Thea Elijah, teacher, acupuncturist
“I never thought I would be able to be intentionally present and peaceful in my own body like this. Thank you!”
“Nini Melvin in one of the most influential teachers in my life. My apprenticeship with her has led me deeply into my own self discovery. Authentic and real, she truly embodies what she teaches, Accommodating and adaptable to each student’s needs and desires, Nini makes Eastern Healing Arts easy to grasp. My life would not be the same without her wisdom”.
Brittany Stoll, apprentice
“What I am learning as your apprentice has made a profound impact on how I interact with myself and others. Thank you for facilitating my engagement with my own inner knowing.
It is encouraging and comforting to see other people around me who have found their unique way of existing. It makes me dare to dream and imagine, giving me space to take chances, letting go of walls and limitations, celebrating the cycle; the ever violent yet beautiful evolution”.